What we provide
We aim to provide everything you would hope to find in self-catering accommodation – and more besides!
Beds are fully made up before you arrive with two pillows each and either a 4.5 tog or 9 tog duvet according to the season. The second duvet is packed under the bed so they can be used together to make a cosy winter-weight duvet if required.
Bedding for the futon and Z-bed is kept tucked away in near-by cupboards.
Cots are supplied with fitted bottom sheets and two cellular blankets each.
Every bed is provided with a touch-operated bedside lamp, a torch and a white hand towel and bath towel.
- a full complement of toilet rolls,
- liquid hand wash at all basins
- non-slip shower mats
- freshly laundered towelling bathmats
- a pair of dispensers with shower gel and shampoo in both showers
- spare hand and bath towels
The kitchen has a Stoves 1100mm wide range cooker with two large ovens, grill and slow oven plus induction hob with 5 rings, a Meile full-size dishwasher, two tall fridges, a freezer with 3 drawers, a large combination microwave oven, a large washing machine and separate dryer, two electric kettles and a 4-slice toaster.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher liquid & washing powder
- A new dishcloth, pan scourer & washing up brush
- Tea towels, glass cloths, oven gloves & apron
- Access to cleaning equipment, mop, vacuum cleaner and cleaning cloths
- Saucepans in a wide range of sizes including two large double-handled pans ideal for soups; several casserole dishes with lids in a range of sizes and three large lasagne dishes.
- White crockery and cutlery, sufficient for at least 16 people to dine together.
- 25 mugs
- 3 frying pans in a range of sizes, with spatter guard
- Glasses – a minimum of one large & small tumbler, wine glass and champagne flute each
- Teapots, both large and small, milk jug and sugar bowl
- A box of standard tea bags plus individual speciality teas such as Earl Grey and Lemon & Ginger
- Nescafe Gold instant coffee
- 1 litre of fresh milk
- A large, medium and small cafetiere
- Small bottle of olive oil, salt & pepper grinders and a set of 10 popular herbs & spices
- Fresh marjoram & thyme grow in the stone trough outside the kitchen
- Bread knife, pizza cutter, carving knife, fork & sharpening steel + two smaller vegetable knives, & knife sharpener
- Chopping boards, both plastic and hardwood
- Grater, tin opener and corkscrew
- Ladle, serving spoons, fish slice, potato peeler & masher and salad servers
- Toast rack, lemon squeezer, pastry brush and kitchen scissors
- 14 egg cups
- Equipment to bake a cake – mixing bowls, scales, measuring jug, spoons & cups, cake tins, cooling tray, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder
- Mechanical and electric whisks and electric blender
- Colander, sieve and baking trays
- Three tea trays
- Selection of serving dishes, set of small glass bowls
- Selection of plastic storage boxes with lids
- Full set of table mats
- Kitchen roll, foil, cling film & plastic food bags; bin liners & black plastic sacks
- Ironing board & steam iron
- Clothes basket, indoor airer and, during summer, pegs for outdoor clothes line
- A box of sewing kit, safety pins and scissors
- Stationary including paper, pens, pencils, rubber, ruler, string and blu-tak
A 50″ television with ‘basic entertainment’ channels
A DVD player and assortment of family-friendly DVDs
A double ended HDMI cable to connect your laptop to the TV
Several portable radios LW, MW & FM
Wireless internet throughout the property
A collection of maps, walking books and information about local attractions.
A generous collection of games for both children and adults including cards & chess plus toys for all ages including a doll’s house, model castle, ‘duplo’ farm and chest full of dressing up clothes.
A wide selection of books for all ages ranging from those about local wildlife and heritage through to light novels.
We supply two travel cots – Graco ‘Pack ‘n Play’ with a supplementary mattress to fit inside each. Please take care to follow the instructions on the ‘floor mat’ of the cot as they can easily appear to be broken if not assembled/disassembled in the correct way.
We supply a pair of fitted bottom sheets and two cellular cotton blankets for each travel cot, plus a duvet suitable for a toddler.
Waterproof under-sheets are available for all bed sizes if you prefer to tuck baby in bed with you, or for young children. There are also two high chairs, a baby bath, potty, drinking cups, and plastic bowls and cutlery.
Several older single duvets with distinctive brown & cream covers are available specifically to provide versatile sleeping places for dogs indoors and out. There are also dog bowls, doggy bags and a dog lead and tin of dog food should you be caught short!
The open-fronted barn opposite the main house contains a large teak table + 8 matching chairs, which you are welcome to move about if you wish. There is a second teak table with 6 further chairs, a teak bench and both large & small garden seats.
During the warmer months (April to October inclusive), we supply:-
A mobile barbecue with a 4kg bag of easy-light charcoal and tools including tongs and spatula. Matches are supplied in the large kitchen cupboard.
A box of outdoor games include French-style boules with 12 plastic balls, badminton racquets & shuttlecocks, plastic tennis racquets & balls, a football, a family skipping rope & elastic skipping.